This is post number one of this new endeavor. Today is October 31, 2013, and marks the official transition from phase of life to another. These are the origins:
- A realization that life is short, and to paraphrase Ferris Bueller, "blink and you'll miss it".
- A realization that my biggest fear is looking back and saying to myself, "Well that was a waste of time". This is far in excess of the fear of failure, which until recently was fear number 1.
- A realization that, as much as I enjoy certain aspects of my current job, such as helping people and making a real difference in their lives, the constant stress and general negativity that I have been required to face every day for 10 years has finally taken its toll and I've recently realized that I don't recognize the person its transformed me into.
- A belief that if you can make a living doing something that you love, that you'll never work another day in your life...well except for mowing the lawn and shoveling snow and washing dishes...but you know what I mean, these things rarely take all day.
- A belief that in order to be successful, really successful, not just pay your bills successful, you must really love what you do.
That being said, welcome to post number ONE. I wish I'd done it sooner, but I'm on my way, and I'm going to give this everything I've got.
~WWHI - Fort Collins, Colorado